1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GA-870A-USB3 One Long Beep (maybe 2 very short ones)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jrlewis, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrlewis

jrlewis Thread Starter

For months I have been having that problem, I turn on my PC and I hear this sound I have attached as a zip file. and the PC would not boot. then I would fiddle with the memory and video card making show they are in tight and then it would boot normal, but after some time of using the PC I would sometimes get a blue screen saying dumping and after the dump I would have to restart. or I would just get countless restart. I would have to power off the PS from the switch for a few hrs or over night and the power back on the the restarting would stop.

I also use and Antec EarthWatt 500 and I get the same problem, but a few days ago I noticed that my Antec was making a hissing sound, like it is leaking electricity, but the pc would stay on, until I start to play video games for a while or MAA on Facebook. the hissing would stop after a while but when something gets too hot, the PC would just restart, and keep restarting until I turn the power on from the back of the PS for a few hrs or over night and then it would start again.

I tried cleaning the PC, PS, Video Car and Memory like I normally do every 6-8months and now the pc would not start. I just keep getting the Long beep, or is it a Long and 2 very short beeps, you tell me after you have listened to the audio file. I have tried fiddling with the VC and MS to no avail. I tried unplugging the Dvi from the card and I would not get no beeps at all, pc would just stay on. plug monitor back and no beeps. power off PS and turn it back on, I get the long beep again.

PS. most times when I get the Long Beep the fan on the Video Card spins really fast, like hyper fast. You can also listen to the file here http://cheapcaribbeantour.com/Beep.wma

Attached Files:

2. jrlewis

jrlewis Thread Starter

Ok guys...I removed both memory and Video card, I get a long continuous beep, put only memory back, one at a time, or both and I get no beeps what so every...What you'll think?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!