ga-8inxp raid setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zrom

I plan on building a system with the gigabyte 8inxp motherboard. I was going to set up a raid 0 array with 2 40gb ata133 hard drives (IDE3 & 4) and have another 60gb ata100 hd as a backup (IDE1). I planned to install winxp on the array however the manual says to use a floppy disk to install the drivers, but the damn thing is on a CD. I downloaded a 5mb+ zip file from the company support page (but i cant put this on the floppy). Will it work if i just pick out the winxp files and put it on the disk or will i need the whole thing? Also would this raid configuration work?

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Nice choice of boards!

What you will need to do is browse the CD to get the drivers for your operating system. you may also check thier website, I believe that they have a driver download that will extract to a floppy.

I run mine as ATA-133 instead of RAID, so all I had to do when I set mine up was load the drivers during XP setup.

NOTE: There is a BIOS Setting to toggle between ATA and RAID. Check that and once that is set correctly, Windows should install and setup RAID without much difficulty!

Good Luck!

ST

Zrom

Thanks for the reply... I just have one more question, how can I get the system to install the os to the raid array instead of the primary ide channel? Do i have to make changes to the boot settings or would it automatically install to the array after I load in the drivers?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online