1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GA-M59SLI-S5 - No USB 2.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raverguy, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raverguy

raverguy Thread Starter

Hi there...

Am having a small problem with my new PC...

Everything has been installed correctly, all new drivers, Bios version F7, etc, etc...

The only problem i'm getting is that am getting only USB 1.1 speeds on ANY usb port i connect anything (pen drives, protables, etc...)

Please help...

2. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Hi,

Are you sure you have a USB 2.0 connection? You can check via device manager, which can be accessed by Start > Run > devmgmt.msc > Click + on the USB tab, look for "Enhanced" Host Controller - if it is there than you have USB 2.0, if not, then you don't.

3. raverguy

raverguy Thread Starter

Ya, I got an ENHANCED driver plus and OpenHCD sort of driver thing... But when I connect a usb device on ANY port, I get the same boring windows msg that "....you can get faster speed if you connect to a usb 2.0...bla bla..."

4. raverguy

raverguy Thread Starter

I've always used ASUS and never got this kind of problem.. The first Gigabyte mobo am using now.. i suppose all the usb drivers are installed. but the driver cd that came with the mobo didnt include usb 2.0 drivers specifically. anyone using this mobo or having this kind of problem?
    by the way, another problem am having is that the pc won't go into sleep mode by any means...
    I think this problem might be vga card-related and I'm not really bothering myself with it... I get a IRQL not less than equal BSOD whenever i press the sleep button on my keyboard.. (Am using the drivers v158.22 from Nvidia)..
    But if anyone got any suggestions on this, it would be cool...

5. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Have you got SP2? If not, install it. (SP = Service Pack, provided by Microsoft).

6. raverguy

raverguy Thread Starter

Ya, I got SP2 already installed... I am using the same windows XP installation I have been using with previous Mobos (the ASUS ones, to be specific..). I think this might be a driver problem. Dunno what to do man, it's really starting to get on my nerves now!!! I struggled the whole weekend with the SLEEP function too... No progress! Am staring to miss my "old" Asus A8N-sli !!!

Hey, by the way, the sleep function DID work one time with a previous PCI-E card (a Geforce 6600 from XFX) on the same Gigabyte mobo... Maybe the newer 8600GT (XFX) wasn't designed to sleep!! lol... I've tried several drivers for it (101.xx from the original CD, 158.22 from Nvidia.com, 158.22 modified from NGO) but the same BSOD or freezing on SLEEP!!

PLz help!!!

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I hope that does not mean you have not done a clean install for the new motherboard?

If you are running on a previous HDD install, it will never work.

8. raverguy

raverguy Thread Starter

Of course I've done a clean install, man!!! I always do a clean install whenever I change serious pieces of hardware... What I actually meant was that I used the same XP cd that I used with previous mobos..

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice