1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gadgets quit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zookre, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zookre

zookre Thread Starter

I have hp computer with windows 7 and my gadgets have stopped working, everything else on the computer works great, can anyone help?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. Mr Davo

Mr Davo

4. rkf180

rkf180

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Services\Cache", open "Config.xml" (RMB -> Edit) and save it (File -> Save) without doing any changes. After 10-20 seconds restart the gadget!
    this worked for me ( RMB right cilc mouse)

5. sherwindu

sherwindu

My Config.xml is an empty file. I tried the edit and save, which did not work. I think this file was deleted
    in a windows update this month. Microsoft's fix for problems they cannot solve is to eliminate the software.

6. sherwindu

sherwindu

I meant to say the content was empty, but the file still exists.

7. sherwindu

sherwindu

My weather gadget has started to work again. Possibly the solution I tried fixed the problem, but the gadget seemed to appear later on after I had to do a reboot. If the solution worked, I am amazed and puzzled with this seemingly ineffective procedure would fix anything. Windows continues to be a mystery to me.

8. sherwindu

sherwindu

Too good to be true. My weather gadget is stuck on NY city and will not find my local city. My previous fix seems to have been temporary.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice