1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gadgets will not work in Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Origination, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Origination

Origination Thread Starter

I can open up my gadgets menu and launch any gadget I have, but when they load up they appear glitched and are unusable.

I have attached a picture of multiple gadgets open to show you what it looks like. Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ckphilli

ckphilli

Have you got the correct video card driver? What are your machine specs?

3. Origination

Yes, I have current drivers.
    Here are my pc specs...

Attached Files:

4. ckphilli

ckphilli

Couple of thoughts...don't really know the answer and all google searches return issues with other programs being choppy because of gadgets...not your issue.

1) Looks like you have an ATI video card. I do too. The driver that shipped with mine is not correct. May be worth a little research. Don't depend on windows, google the model number and go straight to the horse's mouth (if you haven't already, not trying to insult you).

2) Have a look at what else is running on your machine. You may be overburdening if you have something like Norton running constantly in the background.

Sorry I can't be more help.:)

5. Origination

It isnt a problem with my drivers, they used to work, just one day all of a sudden they bugged out and I cant figure out what to do. No other programs are messing them up, I have already tried disabling all startup programs.

6. ckphilli

ckphilli

Did you check for anything malicious?

7. Origination

Yes, scanned multiple times full system scan with avast, nothing found.

8. ckphilli

ckphilli

Scan with Malwarebytes. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Disclaimer: If the problem is malware...this is as far as I can take you due to the site rules.

Something sudden like that screams of malware, hardware, or windows updates problems. Think about what happened before the problem to your machine.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice