Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Colors Inverted in Fullscreen

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tanis 
#1 ·
I've provided my full system specs as a file in case the issue is actually with that.
The issue is that usually when I run games in fullscreen (particularly games from steam) the colors appear inverted. Reds become blues, blues become reds etc. I did some research and apparently this has been experienced before and is tied to the fullscreen optimization of windows, they recommended that I disable it. However with the new windows update the way they say to do that is no longer viable (these reports are generally a year or two old). My question is how do I disable fullscreen optimization, or if that is not actually the problem how could I fix it?

Attachments

#2 ·
Hi and welcome to TSG.

This isn't something I have come across before.

Given you seem to have the issue in Steam I would try disabling it for Steam only first of all. Find the Steam executable (Start > Steam Folder then right click the Steam icon and select More > Open File Location. This will take you to the Start Menu shortcut item, you can the right click and select Properties, under the Compatibility Tab is the option to Disable Full Screen Optimisation. I have just tested on my machine, don't know if it will fix it as I don't have the same issue.

Looking at your DXDiag, I would also suggest updating Windows as you are not quite at the latest build.

Is this a prebuilt machine or a custom build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.