Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game compatibility issues with Windows 7!

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oneeyejeff 
#1 ·
Hello,

Last week I got a new top-end notebook (Sager NP8690 w/ LCD widescreen, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M w/ 1GB GDDR3) with Windows 7 Ultimate. I installed successfully four games into Windows 7, but starting games created full-screen problem for Windows 7. Game full screen did not work under Windows 7 because my mouse click is not on the game screen and the game screen looks like a square (not widescreen) - half size of the LCD screen and both side of game screen is blank. So, I disabled (by unclick the box) the game full screen in game preference option, and it worked fine after that. That was happened to Torchlight, World of Warcraft online game and Civilization 4 completed edition. Only unworkable game software for Windows 7 is DOSBOX - used for pre-Windows 95 and DOS game compatibility (Under Windows XP worked fantastic). Only game works well with Windows 7 is Defense Grid: The Awakening. Previously, all games work great on Windows XP. I am wondering if these usual error is a major bug for Windows 7, especially screen resolution, and/or game compatibility issues with Windows 7? Let me know. Thanks! :)

Sincerely yours,

Jeffrey

#3 ·
Play game software:

World of Warcraft (latest version)
Civilization IV complete edition
Torchlight
Defense Grid: the Awakening

I had to force to use compatibility mode of Windows XP on all games in order to work well with Windows 7, especially for suitable game screens to meet their requirement.

This morning, Defense Grid did not able to pick up an update file from Defense Grid (Steam) on Windows 7 and so, I changed the compatibility mode to Windows XP. It finally works to pick up the update file and plays well on compatibility mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.