1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game Controller Button Layout Fix

Discussion in 'Games' started by junuk, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junuk

junuk Thread Starter

I have a Nyko AirFlo EX controller for my PC. It works great but there is only one issue. I primarily use the game for Madden NFL 2005. The way this game works with controllers aren't the best, but I live with it as much as i can. Anyways my button layout on the controller right now is as follows:

...(4)...
    (3)..(2)
    ...(1)...

Now the problem is, the way madden is supposed to be played is like this:

...(4)...
    (1)..(3)
    ...(2)...

Now you might think, well just change the controller layout in the game.

The main problem to that solution is, Madden as many people know is a game where the menu function is used quite often. The way the plays are layed out is a 1.2.3 fashion. but the button layout suggests a 3.1.2 this oftentimes leads to confusion and i end up making a major mistake on a play which is costly in madden tournaments.

The controller comes with configuration software for mapping the buttons HOWEVER it only maps to keyboard keys and not buttons on the controller itself. The only other solution that i can think of is to change the way the buttons react when pressed in windows itself. I have no need to actually look at the buttons to figure out where the placement is.

To clear this up, here is what i mean exactly. When i goto my Game Controller configuration in the Control Panel, there is a place where you can test your controller. Now when i press the number 3 button, the correct button is lit up on the computer screen to show original placement. But what i need is so that when i press the 3 button, windows will recognize it as button 1 pressed.

I am running windows XP.

If anybody has any idea on how to tweak this please reply. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice