1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Game Controller

Discussion in 'Games' started by Cameron27529, Feb 13, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cameron27529

Cameron27529 Guest Thread Starter

Every time i hook up a game controller and install the drivers it doesn't work. The crosshairs jump everywhere on the properties thing and when i calibrate it it doesn't give me a chance to do anything it just goes through the process without me even touching a thing. What could this be??????

2. RT

RT

Hi Cameron

Is this happening to you with a particular game, or during the initial install of the device?

Also, what make and model controller are you trying to use?

3. Cameron27529

It is happening when i try to install it and you know those crosshairs well they jump around everywhere and it won't calibrate and it does it with every game controller i try to hook up. so it is not the controller actual controller, what else could it be.

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

what operating system are you using?

5. Cameron27529

windows 98

6. cahallmxj

cahallmxj

cameron:

what type of game controler are you using and how does it connect to the computer? USB or through a game port?

Also have you tried going on the internet and looking for a newer driver?

7. Cameron27529

Well i have tryed different ones to see if it was the controller interact V3 racing wheel, different joysticks, and hooked up through gameport

i had a suspicion it was my gameport but i don't know i wanted to ask somebody first

8. RT

RT

Click Start>Settings>Control Panel.
    Double-click System.
    Click the Device Manager tab.

Click on the plus sign next to the Sound, video and game controllers.

Are you getting any yellow or red marks (!) on the key for the gameportt?

Do you have any USB ports and can you try connecting there?

Also, please post your system specs (esp. type of sound card, etc), that information might help alot.

9. Cameron27529

No yellow thingys on the device manager and it says its working properly i already checked that, i do have usb ports but all of my game controllers don't hook up to usb, they hook into the gameport. hhhmmmm..... me see. compaq presario, 533 gig processor (don't laugh!, lol), 312 RAM, here is what it says under sound, video and all that other stuff, ESS Allegro-1 Device Manager, ESS Allegro-1 DOS Emulation, ESS Allegro-1 PCI AudioDrive, and Gameport Joystick. Hope thats what you were asking.

10. RT

RT

11. Cameron27529

yeah, have installed newer drivers already

12. RT

RT

Hmm...

Ok, if I understand things rightly, you ARE able to install, (i.e. the device shows in Device Manager, and under GameControllers in Control Panel),
    but you are UNABLE to calibrate any control device.

Have you tried to perform the calibration within a game, as opposed to the intial setup calibration (where it jumps around).
    Does it do the same thing?

13. Cameron27529

yes you are right, i am able to install it and it shows up under that thing but it won't calibrate, everything just jumps around, i haven't tried to calibrate it within a game because that wasn't an option in the game i am playing (nascar heat).

14. RT

RT

See if this option is available to you:

Go to the Game Options in Control Panel, select (or double click)your device and click Properties, click Advanced, uncheck " Poll with interrupts enabled"

You might have to restart, then try to calibrate your controller.

15. Cameron27529

there was no advance

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice