game crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ronzoil

the last few days when playing any game on my machine it will stop the game and go back to the desktop,in on the tool bar it will leave the icon for the game i am playing,when i click the icon it goes back to the game and picks up where it left off. any ideas?

windows xp service pac 2

ps this has been running ok for 2 years just started a week or so ago

Some thing could start running in the background on your PC which makes the game minimize mabye, im not too sure....

Lord Yorien says:

Well, most probable issues:

1-. You've pressed the Windows key by mistake (common on CTRL-using games)

2-. You've pressed ALT+TAB key combination.

3-. You've another program running in background that has requested foreground access to show a windows or something like that (ex. a firewall detecting an intrusion, an antvirus detecting viruses... maybe even Opera browser showing the Download Succeeded message... something like that)

Don't check just by using Hijackthis!, unless you find there's a browser window popping when the game pops you back to the Windows Desktop. Check START --> PROGRAMS --> STARTUP for programs loading on windows STARTUP, or even the windows registry (HKLM --> SOFTWARE --> MICROSOFT --> WINDOWS --> CURRENT VERSION --> RUN)

Lord Yorien Deagonard

ronzoil

one thing i did not think of---could it be my antivirus trying to update i have it set for automatic update! i am not playing the games online but i guess the program might not know that!

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
usually it wouldn't matter. any program that runs may do that. I had earthlink toolbar that caused that.

Disable any auto updating programs and see if that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online