1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

game crashes and blue screen appears

Discussion in 'Games' started by ptiv30, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ptiv30

ptiv30 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I wonder if somebody could help me.I,m having problems playing f/simulator 2004 on my comp.It keeps crashing evey time i play it.
    I get a blue screen saying : if a driver is identified in the stop message,disable the driver or check for updates.
    under this it says : nv4_disp.dll, address BFAF33e1, base at BFA01000 ,date stamp 414f5ccf.
    It goes on Stop : 0x0000008E, 0XC0000005,0XBFAF33E1,0XF1835B14,0X00000000.

I know nv4_ disp.dll is my graphics card.I have tried to update it but it still happens.i have re installed it as well but thats no good either.

it is an nvidia ge force fx 5700le.
    has anybody got any ideas please of how to correct this? do you think i should get another graphics card.?

any help would be great!!!!!

thanks
    Paul.....

2. JetSirus

JetSirus

You might have to roll your drivers back. The latest version of Nvidia drivers has a couple of issues. Apparently the 81.95 Forceware drivers cause BSODs in several games.

You may also have the HaxDoor Virus. You can find a detailed report on it here.

Saving that post your DxDiag for us to see.

3. ptiv30

ptiv30 Thread Starter

JetSirus
    iv,e run dxdiag and saved it,i have it on my desktop,how do i send it to you.It won,t let me copy and paste for some reason.i can copy but not paste it in this reply box.
    thanks
    paul.

4. JetSirus

JetSirus

How to post your DirectX Diagnostic file:
    1. Press Start
    2. Press Run
    3. Type DxDiag
    4. Press Enter
    5. Press Alt-S or Save All Information
    6. Save the file somewhere you can find it.
    7. Go back to this post and press Post a Reply.
    8. Scroll down untill you see Additional Options.
    9. Press Manage Attachments.
    10. Upload the file.

5. ptiv30

ptiv30 Thread Starter

Attached Files:

6. JetSirus

JetSirus

Install these drivers. From your DxDiag I am showing you have a driver revision that was released in 2004.

7. JetSirus

JetSirus

8. ptiv30

ptiv30 Thread Starter

JetSirus,
    this driver release is feb 2006, is this the one you want me to install.i,ve just installed the latest driver from feb 17th and it still crashes.I thought you mentioned 2004 mate.I,ve already installed the update .i think i might try a a ati graphics card.what do you think.
    thanks
    paul.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/443165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice