Game crashes

Ollbag

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 PC which I am trying to run games on such as Fortnite, Rocket league, Call of duty and Rogue Company. Every time I open the game it seems to crash straight away and the fans start to get really loud. My PC has the recommended Specs to play these games and still no luck.
Bellow are my Pc's specs. My GPU is the GTX 660. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/geforce-gtx-660/specifications/
1602911923053.png
Thanks for any Helpful suggestions/answers.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please send as this link which appeared when you clicked New Thread
We recommend that you download our free system info utility. When you run it, it will show technical specifications of your computer. Please copy and paste that information and include it with your question below. Thank you!
Also more detail is required
How long has this been occurring
Are there any signs of problems besides this on opening games
Does it occur if you watch YouTube etc.
What have you tried please.

This may be something do not want to hear most of the games listed is 4GB games cards but will play on yours. One thing maybe to try is uninstall nvidia drivers using DDU and follow it to the T. Then install drivers update to your card make sure drivers have your card on it.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do not use DDU for Nvidia driver uninstall
That is a common error, often recommended, but incorrect advice.
Using a third party uninstaller to uninstall Nvidia drivers is "Just asking for a problem" . The ONLY way to uninstall is using control panel>programs and features or settings and apps
as recommended by Nvidia

For your information the DDU site itself actually says
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
Recommended usage:
-DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
-DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
-
I suggest you send me what I asked for and then we may be on the way to exmaining the cause of the immediate crash

The ONLY way to uninstall is using control panel>programs and features or settings and apps
as recommended by Nvidia
Very good point.......

I always use the custom install option and then select clean install for my RTX 2070 SC driver....even when updating my driver. I never have any issues doing it that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online