Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game crashing to desktop...

637 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flatpyramid 
#1 ·
Okay, so I've googled this problem and have no idea what the problem is:

So my game (Guild Wars) constantly crashes to desktop now, and I haven't done anything to the software/hardware/anything whatsoever between the time it was working fine and from when it began crashing. Whenever I go off for the night and come on the next day it lets me play the game for an hour or two, then it crashes. Once it crashes and I try to open the game again it only lets me stay on for a few minutes at a time. I've rebooted in between crashes; it doesn't let me stay on for more than a few minutes after the first crash anyway. I go to sleep or give it hours of time and then I get an hour or so of gameplay again (everything starts all over). I've put a fan next to my graphics card in my open computer but it hasn't helped.

My card is an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT and my computer has 1 GB of RAM.

If anyone can offer help here I would really appreciate it, thanks!

#2 ·
It certainly sounds as if it's an overheating issue. It may be your CPU, RAM or hard disk drives as well as your graphics card. Check that all your cables are secure and plugged in tight. Also put and reset your RAM and PCI cards as well to be sure nothing has vibrated lose.

#3 ·
Does this "crashing" only happens when you play games? if so, I think the problem could be your graphics card.

To rule any possibilities of having problems with Memory or CPU, does your motherboard came with a built in VGA? If so, then use that built-in VGa and see if the issue persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.