Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game crashing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  adrian101a 
#1 ·
Windows 7
MOTHERBOARD - Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Motherboard Phenom FX Socket AM2+ AMD 770 ATX RAID Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Processor - 1 x AMD Phenom II X2 550 / 3.1 GHz - Socket AM3 - L3 6 MB - Box
PSU - Seasonic S12II-520 520W ATX12V Standard Power Supply Unit - Bronze
GPU - Sapphire 11180-00-40R HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE Graphics Card

In the last 4 days i have been experiencing crashes while playing MTW2 whilst on the battlemap.

It started with the screen flipping back to desktop, as though ALT TAB had been pressed, no error messages,
i just clicked the MTW2 icon on the side bar and returned to the game.
Next the above mentioned behaviour started being accompanied by a message saying
"MM driver has stopped working" - since yesterday this message has stopped appearing.

Last 2 days, whilst on the battle screen MTW2 just crashes with the Win 7 message box that says
this program has stopped working. It crashes all the time know whilst playing, but not immediatly,
about after 15 - 20 minuetes on the battle map.
Other events.
Recently on boot up a box entitled "AML device install" would briefly appear after windows has loaded,
i have disabled this in MSCONFIG - following web site advice.
Power cable from wall socket to PSU blew, never had this before, simply replaced it. It was about 5 years old.

Regards
Adrian.

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you actually tried to reinstall the game?

(And for the sake of clarification, with MTW2 you refer to Medieval: Total War 2?)

And if your power cable blows up, that's pretty bad. No idea what could cause that, if it's just a cable without anything else. But your PSU, 520W, isn't too much.

Keep these things in mind;

PSU usually gives less power than in the description. And then, if it's old, your capacitors are getting worn out and your computer will get lot less power than it's supposed to.

However, if your computer wouldn't get enough power, it would crash completely and you'd get constantly overheating issues. But just in case, do you have anything to check your temperatures with?

#3 ·
Thanx
I just use my hand, i try to keep 3rd party stuff off my PC. To the touch the PSU and other devices are never more than luke warm.

The power cable didnt blow up, the fuse went.

One thing that i neglected to mention was that the PC sound kept cutting out, sporadically for half a second now and again, i read that can be a driver conflict.

Ive removed catalyst, im hoping that will be the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.