1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game Cutscene -LAGGING SOUND-

Discussion in 'Games' started by megakonijn, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. megakonijn

megakonijn Thread Starter

In some of my Games like X-Men Origins the sound is later than the video so the sound doesn't synchronise with the mouth movements and when wolverines Claws come out they amke a certain sound and you hear that delayed as well. I am running on Windows XP SP3 en my speakers are Logitech X-230 and my Motherboard is the ASUS P5K PRO. I'm not on a wireless connection. If any of you guys could help me with this I'd be very thankful. Thanks in advance

2. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

Typically that's caused by your system not being quite up to recommened system requirements. Does your computer meet the RECOMMENDED requirements of the games not just the minimum?

For example X-Men Origins Recommended Requirements are:
    Windows XP 32/64 or Windows Vista 32/64
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
    1024MB RAM
    3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 256MB Dedicated Video Memory. ATI Radeon X1800 series - excluding X1800 GTO, HD 2400, HD 2600 and HD3450. NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT - excluding 7300 and 8400 cards.
    DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Some general performance tips for gaming
    1. Update drivers and game
    2. Turn off Anti-aliasing.
    3. Turn down texture detail/turn shadows/spectacular highlights/etc.
    4. Turn down the draw distance.
    5. Reduce the resolution.
    6. Change color from 32Bit to 16bit
    7. Lower the sound quality.
    8. Close other programs and disable items that run in the back ground.

Hope this helps.

3. megakonijn

LOL
    uhm I have a ATI HD 4870 x2
    Intel E8400 3.0 ghz duo core
    win Xp Pro
    4Gb RAM
    ASUS p5K Pro

I dont think It's caused by that cause further the game runs perfect
    I mean I can play Crysis with this comp witht everythign maxed out at around 35 fps

thanks anyways for the reply

4. baladio

baladio

It has to do with audio settings. Certain settings can make sound delayed even if you have the world's fastest supercomputer. For example, in a Super Nintendo emulator running an old SNES game on the computer, you can choose the buffer length, and if you choose 640 ms, each sound happens about one second after the event happens. If you choose 10 ms, the sound happens pretty much instantly. Some programs may not have settings for sound like this, but if your whole game has delayed sound, and not just the videos, then there should be settings for the game; if not, check through any audio settings that are universal for all your programs, like in software that comes with your sound card, or in the DirectSound settings (Run: dxdiag, click on the sound tab).

5. megakonijn

It;s not only x-men i also noticed it in wanted and UT3 but it's only in the cutscenes. and in xmen theres bearely any settings you can change

6. baladio

baladio

I just read that you might have to upgrade your DirectX version to fix this problem. This may even include upgrading part of 9.0c. This "part" is called the DirectX End-User Runtime. You can get it from the Microsoft web site, but it requires Windows validation. When I did it, the site let me just download a small app and run it once to make sure my Windows is genuine, and it told the installer/web site so, instead of me having to install Windows Genuine Advantage, which I don't need because I already know my copy is valid.
    Just Google "directx end-user runtime"

7. megakonijn

Nope didn't work I installed the End User Runtime and the cutscene sound is still delayed the game sound still works properly, but I tried a couple of things and those cutscenes keep messign around, but what i find strange is that in some games the sound isn't delayed in the cutscnes but i some they just are.

8. Changster

Changster

I guess the proper thing to do is to wait till they release a patch for the game since the game is fairly new.

9. megakonijn

*sigh* I'm sorry that was the mose useless tip i got...it's not just int his game and some games are pretty old and run 140 fps when the game is at its fullest graphic violence so..I think its either a hardware problem from my motherboard or with some drivers otr somethinh

10. baladio

baladio

Well, actually, each game that has the delayed-sound cutscenes probably uses the same kind of video/sound, and maybe some software on your computer needs to be updated, or there needs to be a patch applied to all of the games.
    Did someone already recommend upgrading the sound card drivers?
    Also, you can probably contact the makers/publishers of the game(s) and tell them about the problem.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/825220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice