1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

game, hardware problem?

Discussion in 'Games' started by solidwax, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solidwax

solidwax Thread Starter

Hi, 2 out of my 3 games i have installed have started acting strangely. When i start the games the loading screens are all jittery and lots of graphic artifacts i think is the word? all over the place. Lots of colors changing etc. Anyone know whats happening here?

2. Tuvach

Tuvach

make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements for the games, I know its a silly thing to say but you really should check just in case.

In my experience if your getting artifacts when ever you load a graphic intensive program E.G. A game. It often points towards a faulty graphics card.

BUT the first thing I would do is update or reinstall your video card drivers if that fails to work try the game on another machines (family or friends)

If you have a spare card it might be worth testing as well , If none of the above work and your video card is under warranty call who ever takes care of the warranty the place of purchase or the manufacture and talk to them about replacing it or getting it repaired.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html
    This is an explanation of the various faults that can occur with video cards relating to artifacting.

3. sup2a

sup2a

because its only started acting, i could suggest overheating as a problem, please post your system specs here as well as the games you are trying to play, download speedfan and check the temps when the computer is under load and watch to see if it goes up as you play, are any crashes occurring?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice