1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game Instalation

Discussion in 'Games' started by owenb1, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. owenb1

owenb1 Thread Starter

I have a game I'm trying to get to run and greatly need help.

I click on the icon and it brings up WinAce v2.1 Self Extractor.
    It says Extract to D:\

What do I do now?

2. owenb1

owenb1 Thread Starter

I have extracted to my C drive but each time I click the icon it just trys to extract again.
    I am unable to find the .exe

What do I do???

3. McTimson

McTimson

You find the place where you extracted it to, and the .exe should be located somewhere in there.

4. owenb1

owenb1 Thread Starter

I go to the location and click on the file but get:

Windows cannot find stronghold crusader.exe.
    This program is needed for opening files of type 'C00 file'
    Location of stronghold crusader.exe:
    C:\

The space in the box is blank after C:\

5. McTimson

McTimson

Is this the original game CD? It seems odd to me that a game would require someone to extract files manually, unless of course it was downloaded...

6. owenb1

owenb1 Thread Starter

Its legit!

Can you help?

7. McTimson

McTimson

Make sure you read and do everything in this thread. Are you sure you meet the minimum system requirements?

8. owenb1

owenb1 Thread Starter

I own the original copy and I am going to stay with a friend for a couple of weeks, he likes to 'borrow' my games and not give them back for a very long time (if I'm lucky) my CD-R is not working so I got a friend to copy it for me. I don't know how he did it and he isn't answering his phone, hence me posting here.

9. McTimson

McTimson

Well if it's a burned CD, then that may be the problem, but I don't think it is. Most games now have anti-copy protection things on them, which makes CD's copied from them unusable. If your friend used standard CD copying software (Nero, EZCD Creator) to copy it, and it has these protection methods, then it won't work. If, however, your friend realized this, and used other programs, then it should work. I just don't think that a game like this would require you to unzip files....

10. Svenmonkey

Svenmonkey

Yeah. Sounds to me like it's a pirated version zipped up to be a quicker download.

He might have zipped it before putting it on the CD, but that sounds unlikely.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice