Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game install has changed my computer in a very bad way

Solved 
734 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TheFonzz 
#1 ·
I need help if my username means anything. Recently I installed a game called "Age of Empires" from a disk that came promotional out of an Old kellogs cereal box about 15 to 20 years ago. My computer worked fine during gameplay and afterwards in a different game called Dragons Dogma through "Steam". I shutdown my computer and the next day everything was wrong. Text on the desktop, on the Internet, and even in games (if they run mind you) was slightly off. This change also affected images to the same extent, everything has slight edges and was no longer smooth. This change also killed my monitors sound. All my volume options are greyed out with a red downwards arrow beside the icon and the system constantly tells me no speakers or headphones are plugged in, despite the monitor having its own speakers. My games mostly those with high graphics requirements now run slow. From start up to gameplay the lag is intense and painful. I've tried to find solutions to fix this problem but so far nothing has helped nor have I found anything I could understand. I have already uninstalled Age of Empires and the problem remains. Please help or post a link to a sight you believe could help me, it's why it's why I'm here.

#3 ·
I have done system restore set for the 12/October/2018 and the problem remains. I also used your second suggestion, here are the results.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16323 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 199 GB (90 GB Free); D: 2574 GB (2508 GB Free); E: 18 GB (2 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AF7
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#4 ·
Have you checked to see if you have any System Restore points available to a time before you installed Age of Empires? Also, it would be helpful if you could download and run the TSG System Information Utility on the PC in question, run it, and then post back the results to this thread.
you can get a lot more data with running dxdiag from start menu. I tried that program you suggested him, it is nice but with dx you get also sound, display and input info. but to be fair you dont get storage info as you do with your program. And than you got an option to save info in text file.

As for your problem @IAmDesperateForHelp1994 Perhaps the game wasn't the issue. Did you perhaps install something else or perhaps there was a windows update that didn't install correctly. Try going to an even earlier restore point or perhaps go to Start/Settings/Update and security/Recovery/ and under advanced start select restart now. After restart you get a lot of different oprions and select to repair windows (you will need your windows DVD or usb for this). Perhaps this will fix your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.