game installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jpfuse

i burned a two cd game using nero.. after the first cd installs it says "please insert disk 2" when i insert disk 2 and click ok the dialog box goes away for a few seconds and pops right back up.. after that i can click ok as many times as i want and the dialog box just keeps popping right back up.. any ideas?? it seems like the disk drive is not seeing the cd... but a window will pop up with the cd contents.. i'm at a lost.... please help

Were the original disks copy protected?

If so, then thats probably whats causing it.

You may need to stick to using the originals.

CoasterFreak

Everett
Well, you shouldn't be copying games anyway, but I can't talk because I do it too. Anyways, as powerful as Nero is, it shouldn't be used to copy games. It just doesn't work. So basically, sorry to tell you, you are S.O.L.

jpfuse

thugedout.. that can't be right.. b/c i've done it before... usually when you download the game it comes in image files of some sort, iso or bin/cue, for each cd and you just burn image then install... but this game was not an image... it was just all the contents of each cd.. so i just burned data cds.. thought it would work.. when i put the first cd in, the install menu doesn't just pop up like a normal game would.. the cd contents pop up and i have to click setup.. maybe the autorun is not functioning.. any suggestion?

CoasterFreak

Everett
OOOK..i get it. I thought u meant you copied an orginal CD. You downloaded it. Well then I can't help you here because you downloaded it and I can't give information about "pirated" or "downloaded" games. Sorry man.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I'm going to close this thread. IF, the game was purchased and downloaded from a site other than P2P file sharing, email or PM either me or another moderator to re-open.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online