1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game keeps crashing.. help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Muesli, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Muesli

Muesli Thread Starter

Hi,
    I've recently bought the new Pippa Funnell game, Take the Reins. I've installed it on my computer fine, however when I play it after 10 - 20 mins it crashes. I get an error message come up entitled "debug" and the following text "SPM ERROR (PopParam) Param Stack overflow pOut Pout O"
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. happyrck

happyrck

first try uninstalling the game...see how the computer runs

3. vikki1301

vikki1301

Hi ia m having exactly the same problem I have uninstalled the game twice deleted my players and started again, nothing seems to work I have got in touch with ubisoft but they are useless. Its not just me having this problem I know of at least 6 other people.
    can anyone help my error message is exactly the same as muselis
    thanks vikki

4. happyrck

happyrck

try using the system restore....don't put the game back on..play with your system for awhile to see if its stable.....

5. vikki1301

vikki1301

hi thanks for reply my system is running ok its just this game its very annoying. i just dont know what else to try!
    vikki

6. happyrck

happyrck

if the game keeps crashing your system...I would leave it alone...if you are bound and determined to install it...create a restore point...get regseeker and have it clean the registry

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

after cleaning the registry reinstall the game....if you start having problems then the game is not worth the effort...delete it and play something else...there has to be 20 or 30 different games out there:D

7. Muesli

Muesli Thread Starter

vikki: From what I've found from other people with the same problem, it could be the graphics card causing the problem. The game requires a 3D card, whereas a lot of computers (mine included) only have a 2D card. I'm currently researching into whether I can add a 3D card to my computer or not. This is the only solution to the problem I can find! It's drivine me mad though :mad:

8. vikki1301

vikki1301

hi I have looked into graphics cards for my laptop and as its under 3 years old I really shouldnt need one to play any of the up to date games. its very annoying I have deleted all my old players and now started again and i am back on the present bit and its just stops. as i said i am in touch with ubisoft so if they tell me anything then I will try and let you know. I am going to keep trying the game is very good and its shouldnt be fair that some people can play it and others cant I wish the minimum installments would be better explained!!
    vikki

9. happyrck

happyrck

you also want to know that the minimum requirements are not what you want..go with the recommended requirements to play the gams without problems

10. photolady

photolady

Onboard graphics in a laptop or desktop is not going to play any up to date games. Sorry but that's a fact of life. Laptops, unlike desktops, weren't meant to play games. They were constructed for business usage.

Muesli, what computer do you have?

11. vikki1301

vikki1301

hi I have a easynote c3300 packard bell an i can play harry potter and various other games so can you tell why this one should be any different. I also want to say thanks for all of your help I will be recommending this site to my friends, thanks again
    vikki

12. Muesli

Muesli Thread Starter

I unfortunately have a Toshiba Equium A60 laptop, so as far as I can tell, there's not much I can do about my graphics card so I'm just going to have to put up with not playing the game! What I don't understand is that other games such as GTA Vice City work just fine on my computer, when they have similar specifications to this game. Plus I've found that a lot of people have had identical problems with this game, often in the same part of the game. I think I might try it on my housemates computers to see if they have more luck than i have!

13. vikki1301

vikki1301

thats exactly the same for me i have already tried it on my mums pc and it still does the same thing and as you and i know we are not the only ones. it has got to be a prob with the game!!!!
    its sooooooo annoying

14. happyrck

happyrck

BEFORE you buy a game or any software for that matter ..CHECK the system requirements first..and go with the recommended...if you dont have that ..get another computer

15. Bozzer

Bozzer

Hi,

I bought this game for my daughter and am also experiencing the very same problem.

I too have a laptop and have run games on it for several years without any problems. I specifically bought this laptop to play games, as well as for conventional use. I think that from your post, you can reasonably assume that you can buy games in confidence and your laptop in essence is not the real issue.

That said, I think that it will ultimately be a problem with the dedicated mobile graphics cards that are found in laptops. This is not the fault of the laptop, but in my opinion, is a problem with the programming of the game.

Unfortunately, this isn't going to help you much, and I think that getting a patch from Ubisoft will ultimately be our best and only option.

I too will contact Ubisoft and see if I have any joy. I'll also keep checking this post to see if someone either confirms this, or can provide a workable solution.

In the meantime, and as a last resort, you could go into the Windows system settings and unload as many drivers and programs as possible to see if it works. It is a bit fiddly, and often is a lot of messing for what I think will be no real gain... but you never know though, it just might work...

Kind Regards
    Bozzer

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/462105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice