1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

game pad option update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by electricrebel92, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. electricrebel92

electricrebel92 Thread Starter

I've gone into safe mode and deleted the controllors under device manger. When i restart my computer in normal mode its tells me its found new hardware a gamepad joystick. Nothing new has been connected yet but everytime ive try to remove it by going into safe mode as soon as i go back into normal mode the new hardware found box appears. I believe this is the reason i am unable to work my gravis gamepro pad:confused:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Do you have an onboard sound card with a game controller built in?

3. electricrebel92

That a good question and i really dont know im kind of a newie. if you direct me i will find the answer

4. ~Candy~

Actually, I have another question......has this gamepad worked in the past?

And does windows find new hardware every time it restarts, or just when you delete it and restart?

5. electricrebel92

yes the game pad has worked in the past. I got it to work yesturday but when i disconnect it and try to reconnect it its not seen under game options. if i reboot i will have to reload the software for to get it to work then i cant calibrite it. i got it to work twice but again when i shut down its never seen again under game options. it only happen to load new hardware when i delete it in safe mode

6. ~Candy~

Can you explain this a bit more......are you physically disconnecting it from the back of the computer?

7. electricrebel92

Sure i got it to work and even played a game with it. i exited the game removed the controllor from the usb port and shut down my computer. Later when i booted again i put the gamepad back in and tryed to play again. it was not seen anywhere not in the game not on the game options menu. with this game pad i should be able to see it in the game option everytime its connected. at least thats what i think.:)

8. ~Candy~

Ah, it's a USB gamepad......guess I should have asked.

I guess I'm wondering why you need to keep disconnecting it then? I could be mistaken, but when you disconnect USB devices, I think that tends to kinda uninstall them.....hopefully some smarter minds will come along with their theory......

9. electricrebel92

sorry i havent been very clear. i use my usb for many things first i have a roxie easy cd creator that works by usb. i have a scanner hp that also uses the port. i had big 20gig harddrive that i got last year. with the old harddrive the gamepad worked so im kind of use to seeing it working right. i have a laptop compaq persario. it seems that everytime i have to use it i have to reinstall then software. then it will see it but since i have many reasons to use my usb port i have to be able to remove it:eek:

10. ~Candy~

I'm sure someone will come along with other suggestions, but have you considered purchasing a hub? TrippLite has a rather inexpensive one.

11. electricrebel92

I called the company (gravis) and they said its my controllor. So there shipping me out a new one. i think the reason why i was getting a new hardware found menu appearing everytime i try to delete gamepad joystick in safe mode and return to normal mode is that the hardware has to be there. thats the only reason i can think of. Thanks a million for your thoughts.

12. electricrebel92

mark it resolved:)

13. electricrebel92

Having figured the reason why i couldnt reconnect my game controllor was because the game pad itself was broken i went out and got a mircosolt plug and play controllor. No software is needed. It looked to be in working conditon as it loaded the drives and was able to calbrite. once inside the game it would not respond. When i looked back at the game options menu it wasnt there. why those this keep happening.:confused: the same thing happen with the broken one.

14. ~Candy~

I've merged your two threads so everyone can know the history of your problem...just keep posting to this one :)

15. electricrebel92

i got the new gamepad pro by fedex today( 2 days) and try to see if it worked. It said it wasnt connected and i moved to wirer a little and then it was. Im pretty sure its my usb port. After touching it i got this message and blue screen
    An error has occurred to continue blah blah blah
    File Name : usbhub (06) + 000006C4
    Error : OE 0028 : FF0D62C4

I just wanted to update this since I have a little more info.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice