1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game Port Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikebruce11, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikebruce11

mikebruce11 Thread Starter

I have recently purchased a sound blaster live 5.1 sound card. I have integrated sound on my motherboard and have disabled it in the bios as well as a jumper just to be safe. I have no problems at all but now neither my gameport on the new sound card or the game port on the motherboard is recognizing that my gravis gamepad pro is connected. Theres no conflicts under windows 98 system info. Can you help?? I have a PIII 1.1ghz, 512mb ram, 40 gig hd, geforce2 mx 400 64mb video card.

2. deuce

deuce

Right click my computer and click properties, click the device manager tab and the + at sound, video, game controlers. Is there a device that says Creative Live Gameport and also one that says Creative Joystick Emulation? Are there any confilcts? How did you install the Creative drivers? Did you use plug n'pray to install drivers? (PnP) Did microsoft automatically install microsoft's drivers? Do you use the Creative CD? PnP is not needed for PCI... it was more for ISA, but it still used. (If you know this ignore me) You should always install the manufacture's drivers for your cevice... if you absolutely can't get them at all, then use microsoft's. If everything is there and checks out, but you installed ms's drivers... try removing them and install the Creative ones.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice