1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

game port issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by transcriptionist, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transcriptionist

transcriptionist Thread Starter

Moderators/Administrators - Not sure if this is where I need to be posting - please place in appropriate forum if necessary.

I had to purchase a new computer this weekend. The new system didn't have the appropriate sound card that I needed for my speakers that I kept from my old system and a foot pedal that I use for work that plugs into a game port so the techies at the place where I bought it installed the card from my old system into my new system. The sound is working fine but my foot pedal is no longer working (I plugged a backup foot pedal into the game port and that one didn't work either).

New system - Windows XP; old system - Windows ME.

Sound card: SoundBlaster Live!

Are there drivers or updates that I need to be looking for? Also of note, the software that originally came with the sound card is not compatable with the WXP.

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks!
    Transcriptionist

2. transcriptionist

transcriptionist Thread Starter

If anyone has any input, I would love to hear it - Thanks!! :)

3. Drynn

Drynn

First thing I'd try is going to www.soundblaster.com, bottom right colum has a link to drivers. I didn't know the exact Soundblaster Live! you had so I couldn't check ahead and see if it had updated drivers for xp or not. But you should be able to find out there with little trouble.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice