1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game Port, Windows 2000 + Game Pad Pro

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unicef2k, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unicef2k

unicef2k Thread Starter

I've been trying to install Game Pad Pro on win 2000 but haven't had any luck so far.

I'm installed the drivers, and realized that the OS doesnt' know there's a new hardware device.

In 'Device Manager', under 'Sound, video and game controllers', there's no mention of a game port device, all it has is my tv tuner card, audio and video codecs'.

I've clicked on 'scan for hardware changes' and nothing changed. How do I fix the problem? How do I check to see if any of the other devices are interupting with the game port?

Thanks in advance.

2. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

I'm not familiar with that unit.

Does this connect USB?
    You may have a dead port.
    First off try removing all of your USB Hubs and Controllers in Device Manager and restarting.
    Then see if it will recognize it.
    If not try a different USB port (preferably one in the back on your motherboard)

If it's a serial port, go into the properties of the COM port in Device Manager and make sure your flow control (under Port Settings) is set to Hardware and baud is set to 9600. Also if it's serial you may need to check or uncheck your FIFO buffers under the advanced tab

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice