1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by lafn, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lafn

lafn Thread Starter

I have recently reloaded Win98se, and I play metal of honor regularly, but It freezes now most the time when it loads..
    I uninstalled and reinstalled it, same thing occurs most of the time.. Sometimes it loads untill I try to connect online or play it, then it freezes.. I have to reboot....
    I tried to download spearhead demo and get the same problem..
    I tried battlefield 1942 and it locks up too...

I have loads of games and they all work fine ....
    I got the directx 9 and lastest video drivers for my SIS315E graphics card........ system is a 1.0 gig AMD athylon, 512 ram

I cant figure this out... Played these game for months and now...
    any sugesstions here?
    thanks
    Billy

2. Endemix

Endemix Guest

There is one thing I have been noticing. Lately people with DirectX 9 have been having some problems. I have DX9 and I started incurring some problems along with some others in this forum.

Some problems with the new version include multiplayer problems and driver conflicts.

Remember that this is only beta and it is not supported. A full working version isn't expected for a while.

3. lafn

lafn Thread Starter

thanks
    It was acting bad before I looked for Directx and got version 9...
    will try the old one again... anything is worth trying at this point

4. Endemix

Endemix Guest

Make sure you uninstall is correctly though...Microsoft never included an uninstaller.

5. lafn

lafn Thread Starter

just found out, directx 9 is NOT beta no mo.....

its the latest....

6. Endemix

Endemix Guest

Really? So soon? I'll have to check that out.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice