1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game quandary

Discussion in 'Games' started by Davenstuff, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davenstuff

Davenstuff Thread Starter

For a few months now, whenever I play a game, i get anywhere from 1-20 minutes of game play before the on-screen action freezes and the sound glitches and repeats. I've tried removing my onboard sound and just using my sound blaster, I've tried removing my sound blaster and just using the onboard, I've tried moving my video card to the other slot on my mobo, I've tried taking out each stick of ram and trying them individually in each slot. I also tried updating my PSU from a 350 to a 680 watt. I've tried updating drivers, updating direct x, and updating windows. I think I've pretty much ruled out a software problem though, because I fresh installed windows xp 64 and I still have the same problem. The specific games I play and crash on are Warcraft 3, Call of Duty 2, Elder Scrolls 4, and Counter-strike: source. The only games that seem to work are Starcraft and the Battlefield 2 Demo. I've done everything I can think of to solve this problem and I've gotten nowhere; my only other thought is that God might hate me, so if anybody has any other ideas, pease let me know.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What is the computer specifications of your machine?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice