Game Stuttering

Guy19229

I get constant fps drops in my games and overall performance in my computer has heavily degraded since purchase. I do not know why this is happening, any questions i will answer. In read dead redeption 2, where my computer should be able to handle it easily in balanced or performance mode, I get fps drops constantly and it will not stop. I have tried many solutions to fix it but I cant seem to find a solution.

I have a GTX 1660 ti and an intel i7 9th gen, its also a gaming computer
16gbs of ram
256 gbs of ssd boot
2 tb of hdd

Guy19229

You're welcome. (y)
It helped in red dead redemption 2 but in mount and blade 2 bannerlord, i am still having a problem because it stutters like every 5 seconds, maybe physX is causing it because its using cpu instead of gpu?

Guy19229

in the nvidia control panel its put on gtx 1660ti but in bannerlord it shows physx using cpu, idk why this is happening

Good to hear it helped somewhat. Hopefully Microsoft will keep working on the problem and release more 'fixes' before long.

Not sure why the other is still stuttering though. It could well be because it is using the CPU instead of the GPU like you mentioned. It could also be due to something else entirely of course.

You might try performing a Clean Boot. If the problem disappears you can keep it this way or, you can add one Startup item and/or Service at a time until the problem reappears. If and when it does you would then know the culprit.

Guy19229

Good to hear it helped somewhat. Hopefully Microsoft will keep working on the problem and release more 'fixes' before long.

Not sure why the other is still stuttering though. It could well be because it is using the CPU instead of the GPU like you mentioned. It could also be due to something else entirely of course.

You might try performing a Clean Boot. If the problem disappears you can keep it this way or, you can add one Startup item and/or Service at a time until the problem reappears. If and when it does you would then know the culprit.
I did more testing and in red dead its still stuttering, even in a clean boot, i had this problem, which makes this even weirder, i have no idea whats causing this, it might be hardware, though i havent really done much. 2 things happened since i bought the computer. 1, the cpu fan broke beause of hair and dust and i had to get a replacement. 2, the hdd broke so i had to get a replacement, Idk why this happened too. I'll use the software here to get my exact specs

Guy19229

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20200919145408.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (14 GB Free); D: 1862 GB (67 GB Free);
Motherboard: CFL Covini_CFS, ver V1.02, s/n NBQ5M11004922006492600
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 2, s/n NHQ5MAA001922009902600
Antivirus: Norton 360, Enabled and Updated

this is my specs

Guy19229

so it seems performance has just lowered overall, on low settings, red dead 2 plays smoothly, though it should be doing much better on higher settings with a gtx 1660ti

Guy19229

You think it’s hardware? I don’t think it should be doing that but i can’t seem to find a software problem, a big example of this is half life alyx. in 2020 i was able to play it on high settings smoothly, now, it stutters a ton

If it's booted up in the Clean Boot mode, that's as good as as it's going to get with Windows on that hardware. Microsoft is still working on the problem, trying desperately to balance between keeping everyone from getting infected with malware without severely effecting the computer's performance . . . especially for gamers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online