Game will not fully install ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bourbon916

Hi,
I'm having a problem installing a game (The Messenger by Dreamcatcher) It installs fine to 86% and then stalls. Doing ctl/alt/delete tells me installer not responding.
I've tried turning everything off in my tray, doesn't help.
I tried to play it from disc, but cannot save games that way.
I have a Gateway Pentium 4. Any ideas why this is happening ?

Tks, Marie

also, what operating system are you using?

If xp, make sure you DO NOT let it install directx off of the cd during the install.

because xp already comes with directX 8 and the game may have an older version.

Gotcha, although I don't believe an older version of directX will install over a more current version.

bourbon916

Hi,

Thank you so much for you help. I should have mentioned I have Windows ME. Regarding system maintenance, I do it once a week faithfully.

Thanks, Marie

Hi Marie, so if you closed all running applications; you've cleaned out the Temp folder and attempted install from Safe Mode and still no go, I'm stuck too. You're not getting any error messages, right? I couldn't even locate this game on Dreamcatcher site.

Do they have any support help on their site? Try that.

Sorry :(

bourbon916

Hi Buckaroo,

Thank you so much for your help, don't be sorry ! You've been very kind. I'll try Dreamcatcher.

Marie :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online