1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Game Won't Play

Discussion in 'Games' started by jjbizjr, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjbizjr

jjbizjr Thread Starter

I recently installed a game called Tachyon - The Fringe on my new Dell computer. It was installed without a problem and appears on my Start menu. However, when I click on the icon, my mouse changes to the hourglass but nothing happens. I am only able to access the menu that allows me to choose to begin playing the game. When I insert the CD in the computer after Windows has loaded, an autorun program brings up the menu. When I choose Play, once again, nothing happens. What could be the problem? My computer information is listed below.

Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz
    RAM: 256 MB
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Display Adapter Model: Intel Graphics Platform (SoftBIOS) Driver
    Display Adapter RAM: 64MB

Thank you.

2. flyeater

flyeater

Get the latest updates for your game here .
    The system specs recommend a hardware accelerated 3D card. In other words a video card but it appears you have "onboard" graphics. I can't say that that's the source of your problem. I'd start with the game patch.

3. jjbizjr

jjbizjr Thread Starter

That didn't work. Any other suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice