1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

GameComp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SOFwhitewolf, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SOFwhitewolf

SOFwhitewolf Thread Starter

Hi guys, i am going to build a new computer for gaming and i was just wondering if any1 can tell of any compatibility problems.This is what im going to get:

ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE
    1GB XMS PRO DDR-3200
    Amd Athlon 64 Venas 3500
    Verto GeForce 6800 GS

This is going to run m2 around $850 at y local comp store

also was thinking of getting a 37.7 G raptor hard drive

and ofcourse the other things like and writer and case such

2. vhab

vhab

Well, considering the great deal your getting, I would suggest 2 GB RAM as 64-bit processors are coming and they will require more RAM. Also if you want to run F.E.A.R. at Max Quality with softshadows, 4x AA, and 8x AF, a 7800 GTX will do that. The 6800 can run FEAR at high quality with 2x AA, 4x AF. At least that was my experience on my friend's computer who has the 6800 (And yes, I know the difference between GT, GS, and Ultra).

That Hardrive size seems nice if your not going to store a lot of media, like movies/music. And even if you do you can just get an external harddrive for all media.

Hope that helps:)

3. SOFwhitewolf

SOFwhitewolf Thread Starter

ya i was thinking the same maby a lil more ram, but anyhow do you see any problems with what i want to put together?

4. vhab

vhab

As long as your mobo has a PCI-E slot, your good to go.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice