1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Gameguard Blue Screen Of deaths Issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by minimac07, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. minimac07

minimac07 Thread Starter

Im 19 years old, i live in massachussetts, and im fairly good managing a computer.
    Recently, ive been having this problem with GameGuard. Gameguard is a program used to prevent hacking, using 3rd party programs in a game etc. Ive downloaded 2 different kinds of games that have gameguard. the first is darkeden. Darkeden is a low memory, not very good graphics kind of game. Im running a Dell pent4 2.66ghz 512 ram Nvidea GeForce FX 4200 - 128. Whenever i try and start this game, after Nguard runs, it brings me to a blue screen of death, every time. It gives me the error 0x0000008e. This is supposedly a graphical error. maybe hardware isnt installed properly and whatnot. Ive tried a lot of different things to try and correct this problem. Ive come to the conclusion it is not my graphics card. Ive reinstalled the driver.. updated .. everything. Now lets move on... bear w/ me for a second. I also play another game called Lineage 2 w/ a few buddies on a private server. This game puts my graphic driver to its limits. Still runable tho.... Now letss move onto the other game. The other game is called Silkroad Online. I just downloaded this game and found that it has Nguard on it. This game also gives me the same error. If i can run a game that creates much more graphics, why wouldnt i be able to play this. Ive come to that maybe theres something wrong with some other part of my computer... To try and correct this, i turned off write debugging information. Now all that happens when i try and start my game is it doesnt dump memory... someone, please help ive been troubleshooting this for the past 4 days and have finnaly given up and resorted to a cool looking forum like this one.

Thanks in advance - Mike

2. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

Sounds like GameGuard or whatever it is called is causing the problem. Is there any way to update it or uninstall and reinstall it?

3. minimac07

minimac07 Thread Starter

No, gameguard comes with the program itself, when my friend downloads the program, gameguard works fine for him. I can actually look inside the programs folder now, and see if u can reinstall it...i dont think so though

4. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

GameGuard seems like a pain in the ***.

5. minimac07

minimac07 Thread Starter

No, there is no way to reinstall it, its a set amount of files in the gameguard folder and no file that says reinstall...

6. minimac07

minimac07 Thread Starter

would you have any idea of how to completely uninstall gameguard, and maybe that way i could uninstall the actual game and reinstall the game and possibly gameguard will be fresh? if thats what i understand... where would i find all the registry values of gameguard... lol sounds like an aggrivating task

7. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

I am not familiar with GameGuard at all... never even HEARD of it before until I saw this post. Perhaps someone else here does... hang tight bud.

8. 2Pc2

2Pc2

I have this problem too with a game called MapleStory, anyways i found a way that might fix it delete the gamguard folder so it reinstalls on its own when you click the game, atleast it works for me, give it a try!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/494945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice