GameGuard killing my keyboard and USB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GGsucks

I am sick and tired of this worthless security software. I used to play Mabinogi, a Korean MMO from Nexon, and of course they use that infernal GameGuard BS. Fool that I was, I tolerated its presence since I liked the game more than most. Well, trust me, I paid for it. Who knows how much it has altered the registry.

Worse, it has disabled my keyboard! I use Vista and a Logitech Wave Keyboard. Once in a while, Mabinogi fails to load up and I see a white screen instead of the title. My mouse works but my keyboard is disabled and I have to do a hard reboot. Upon reboot, it still doesn't work. I switch the USB to another port... voila, it works. But it will never work for that previous port again!

I didn't suspect anything until it happened a second time. Now I have two ports on my PC that refuse to work with my keyboard. Any other device works fine, just not the keyboard. This is BS of the highest degree.

I can only guess that it has modified my registry in some way, but I don't even know where to begin. Can anyone help me recover the use of my two USB ports for the keyboard?

GGsucks

I've since uninstalled Mabinogi, deleted the GameGuard folder, deleted the two hidden files it inserted into my system folder and deleted a registry key to no avail. Someone has suggested that GameGuard is using an "input hook", which I've never heard of.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online