Gamepad Grief

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trinexx

so, I was sitting here with a PS2-esque gamepad from Gamers Factory, preparing to use it with a certain game of mine. Disaster struck in the form of a jammed directional pad button! I found out that by enabling the analog mode, it switches from being the first axis to being a POV hat, which eliminates the problem from a lot of programs. Some programs, however, read the POV, which makes it impossible to configure the gamepad for said program.

Anyways, down to my question: Is it possible to completely disable the fu- fricking thing? The POV, that is.

Trinexx

Whoops. Helps if I provide dxdiag info. (not in this case, but meh, common courtesy)

Attachments

Is the button physically jammed or software? If you try uninstalling and reinstalling the drives and the problem still exists it is a physical issue and you will need a new pad, otherwise it will be fixed :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts