Gameplay choppy with new power adapter

kiwilion

I have MSI laptop, and its original slim Chicony brand AC adapter that came with it (19.5v 6.15A) blew several months ago (said game wasnt played while this adapter was functioning)...this is the laptops original adapter.

I replaced with an Asus adapter (19.5v 7.7A).

The game runs smoothly on the laptop battery.

but it runs choppy with the Asus adapter (i never played game with laptops original adapter, but guessing it would have run smoothly).

so why isnt it running smoothly with the AC adapter plugged in?

thanks for the help

note: laptop hasnt been modified in any way

Last edited:
There was a forum similar to this on Reddit, according to the user, it could be a wifi adapter problem. Check to see if there have been driver updates or system updates. It could be hardware failure.

My own suggestion is to check for updates on the computer system, by going to (If you have Windows 10)
search (Windows key)>settings>updates & security>windows update>check for updates.
See if that fixes the problem, then get back to me , because I've had my fair share of crashes with Microsoft store, ram, etc and it seemed to just seems to be the updates that are needed.

kiwilion

There was a forum similar to this on Reddit, according to the user, it could be a wifi adapter problem. Check to see if there have been driver updates or system updates. It could be hardware failure.

My own suggestion is to check for updates on the computer system, by going to (If you have Windows 10)
search (Windows key)>settings>updates & security>windows update>check for updates.
See if that fixes the problem, then get back to me , because I've had my fair share of crashes with Microsoft store, ram, etc and it seemed to just seems to be the updates that are needed.
everything is updated afaik. however the plug is connected via two multiple plug extension thingies..maybe i should try connecting directly to wall as well

That could be the issue, being connected to multiple outlets that aren't exactly the wall, might do something depending on whats plugged in with it. I'm unsure. Get back to me when you can after that.

kiwilion

Unfortunately plugging directly to socket didnt work either.
game did run smoothly for first 20 mins or os, but as laptop got hotter from the gameplay....again choppy gameplay.
and as always, worked smoothly when just on battery power.

kinda run outta options now.

only thing i can think of is whether a component within the laptopp malfunctioned when the original MSI adapter blew? do they even make em in a way that could happen? i dunno

kiwilion

oh wow, its running smoothly again now, just after posting the above reply. how strange. havent changed anything...laptop fan was running throughout as well...ill let you know if it happens again....hmmm

kiwilion

Alright lol....choppy again! but runs smoothly on battery as soon as i unplug mains...when i plug in, again choppy......hmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online