1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games aint working!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by screech, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. screech

screech Thread Starter

Hi all.

I have a problem, i cant get any game to work on my pc...spec as follows:

1700+ amd athlon
    512md ram
    40g hdd
    Sis graphics (supports 95% of all major graphics cards)

i have installed direct x 9.0

was going to do windows updates but was told by was told by a well trusted source not to there is errors with em @ the moment and there screwing up the os's on pc's

any one got any ideas on how i can resolve this problem?

all/any ideas will be gratefully appericated

Regards

screech

2. dud

dud Guest

When you Sis graphics, do you mean a Sis graphic card, ie PCI or AGP, or do you mean 'onboard' as in integrated with the motherboard? If onboard that could be your problem as many games require the better faster agp or pci versions. Also, which games are giving you grief? And what OS are you using.
    If you do have a card then are you using the correct video mode for the game, ie Open GL or Direct3d etc etc.
    Might also be a driver issue. Have you updated to the latest?
    Hope you get it sorted...come play HL, hehehe :cool:

3. NameTooLong

NameTooLong

Only one of the windows updates causes problems.... stay away from Service Pack 1.

4. GazmanAus

GazmanAus

Would be interested in hearing why they won't play and which don't play. Do they load at all? Do you hear sound but no graphics or vice versa? Bad graphics? Crash? Does Solitaire run but not RTCW?

Update all your vid card's drivers to the latest. Also, run dxdiag to spot for any errors that might be related to this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice