1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by alwrmc, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I've been using the Windows 7 beta for a couple of weeks. I have installed several software packages including 3 games (FarCry 2, Fallout 3 and Crysis). All game options are set the same as they were on Vista HP SP1. All three games seem to run noticeably smoother than they did on Vista. Crysis and FarCry 2 even defaulted to higher settings to begin with. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Jesermay

Jesermay

I haven't personally used the beta, I did use it in a VM, but I do think you would see a significant difference. :)

3. BG-0

BG-0

Well, as long as the beta, which Vista has always been, IMO, more or less, doesn't crash, them, they naturally work better because win7 wastes less resources and I think there are a few other tweaks too. ? And other thing is that you have a fresh install now, compared to the pre-installed Vista with all the bloatware plus having rotten a year or two. Or maybe a few months, anyways.

FWIW, I noticed even a slight improvement over XP on one machine. (and XP was about 10% faster than Vista)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/800621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice