1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games causing rig to hang up

Discussion in 'Games' started by BumBZ, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BumBZ

BumBZ Thread Starter

I have been having issues with my new rig. It crashes from time to time when i play games. Battlefield: Vietnam's WW2 mod is unplayable. I crash in the first seconds of the game. Warcraft 3 also will hang up periodically. When it hangs up, i will hear an annoying noise in the speakers. Upon rebooting, I get the error "Error code 100000d1, parameter1 0000002a, parameter2 00000005, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f7416afb." Symbolic name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG. I have done extensive searches and have come up with the 'd1' possibly being a memory error, maybe bad ram, but im still unsure.

I am running a 3200+ AMD-64, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, 1 gig of ram, 500 watt psu, Creative Gamer 5.1, running on a Gigabyte Nforce3 K8NS Pro mobo. My temperatures are cpu 61 c, and the case is at 25 c.

Your help is appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i'm not sure of the 64bit amd temp range- so this may not apply but 61c is high for an amd athlon 32bit - mine is set to alarm at 60c

3. BumBZ

BumBZ Thread Starter

I am aware of the high temperatures, but after further testing today, i have ruled out temperature as a factor. I crashed it at 54 C. Also, faulty ram is out of the picture, as i tested that too. Open for any suggestions! D1 is also associated with drivers. Is there any way to determine a faulty driver? Windows errors recognize a driver issue (sometimes) but they cannot determine the driver.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    whats in the event viewer?

have you added any hardware/software recently

you could just go for the common driver issues of video card/sound card - motherboard drivers if they have such a thing :) (as i said never touched a 64bit) get the latest from manufacturers site.

5. BumBZ

BumBZ Thread Starter

1. As stated in my original post, Error code 100000d1, parameter1 0000002a, parameter2 00000005, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f7416afb." Symbolic name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG. That is from event viewer.

2. I have not added any new hardware.

3. Well, i know it is a driver issue. My video card driver is the most recent omega driver, sound card is up to date, and my mobo is too. The only thing im thinking of is maybe i need to update my bios or something to that effect.

6. BumBZ

BumBZ Thread Starter

Problem is still persisting with BIOS updated.

7. grantmg

grantmg

I also have a Gigabyte mbd (GA-7N400 Pro2) with the latest BIOS and I have similar issues: If I boot with the FSB running at full 200Mhz, EVERY GAME CRASHES & SYSTEM WILL USUALLY JUST REBOOT. If I boot with a manual setting of FSB 197Mhz or lower ALL GAMES ARE FINE. I think it's a memory issue. =(

btw I'm using Dual Channel Kingston PC3200

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice