1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games Crash, Reboot Required

Discussion in 'Games' started by CalamityCat, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamityCat

CalamityCat Thread Starter

Hey All,

I woke up this morning only to find that if I played a game, my PC would just freeze up.
    With no warning, it'll make a stuttery, bleeping noise, then just lock on the screen.

As far as I'm aware, there is NO way to escape this. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work or Windows+D.
    I have to manually reboot the computer.

I've tried downloading new ATI drivers and lowering the power my card uses - but to no avail.

I'm a big gamer, and for Christmas, this is a big let down.

Any help will be much appreciated, and if you need any more information don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
    The Cat :cool:

2. CalamityCat

CalamityCat Thread Starter

Just to update:

I watched a video, and the same thing happened.
    Me thinks it might have something to do with the sound drivers.

I'm running software to update my drivers, and Audio and Display need to be updated.
    Fingers crossed this might work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice