1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games crash shortly after opening, occasional stopcode

Discussion in 'Games' started by KachowMan, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

For the past 3 weeks, my computer has been crashing with two stop codes, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Most noticeably the latter. I reinstalled windows 10 and it seemed to fix the issue with my pc crashing but my games would still crash. Most games open and about 30 seconds to a minute and crash. My computer would usually crash after the game crashed with a stop code, but I have since then reinstalled windows and now only games crash. I can be on chrome or online watching videos for hours with no issue, along with small games(such as Toribash or forts if that means anything), but most games crash shortly after opening(siege, for honor, pubg, csgo, etc). They seem to run fine and perfectly smooth, and just freeze for a second and crash.

What I've done so far is I first checked inside to see if my ram, CPU, or GPU were dirty or loose for some reason. I checked every driver for updates, a random one or two had updates but most noticeably my Realtech PCIe network adapter had an update, but whenever updated I wouldn't be able to connect to the internet, but once rolled back I could connect just fine. I then reinstalled windows 10 after wiping my boot drive.

My pc is custom built:
    CPU: I5-3570
    GPU: MSI Gaming X 1060 3gb
    Mobo: Asus Z-77A
    PSU: Thermaltake 750 watt non-modular 80+ bronze certified
    Ram: 2x4 DDR3 G Skill Ripjaw X 1300MH
    Boot Drive: Kingston 120 GB sata SSD
    Mass storage: Kingston 250 GB 7200 RPM mechanical drive, WD Blue 1 terrabyte 7200 RPM mechanical drive

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Which Anti virus is being used please

3. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

Just the normal windows 10 one. I havent installed anymore

4. Macboatmaster

The reason I asked was that quite a few third party anti virus programs and indeed Firewalls, have been found to cause problems on 10

Presuming for the time being that the crashes resulting in the mentioned stop codes were a separate issue to the present problem of the game crashes without a BSOD stop I would recommend you install this driver
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/141906

PLEASE note that you should download the driver and save it, then make a custom install taking the option to delete first all existing Nvidia drivers
    as here
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ers-under-windows-7,-windows-8,-or-windows-10

5. Macboatmaster

In respect of the Realtek update for the network adapter - that would not then connect - where was this update from - Windows 10 or some third party driver update software. I presume the network adapter in use is the integrated network adapter on the motherboard
    LAN
    RealtekĀ® 8111F, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)

6. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

This is a PCIe network card. The update is just through the device manager

7. Macboatmaster

Let me know how you go on with the gaming, after the installation of the Nvidia driver

8. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

I'll get back with you once I work on it later tonight

9. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

There were some issues with the driver installation saying my version of windows was incompatible. My GeForce experience was also saying this before, but I tried to install it again, and it worked, drivers installed fine. I tried running csgo and it seemed to have solved the issue, I had fiddled with my settings in game and loaded into a round, which took about 3 or 4 minutes, but shortly after the round started the game crashed.

10. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

Also tried siege which is a more intensive game. I was able to load into the menus and the game ran fine for about 30 or so seconds, but then crashed again. So the crashes seem to take longer now?

11. Macboatmaster

Cannot understand that message - where was it from -
    The driver I sent you is for the
    GeForce 10 Series
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1080, GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, GeForce GTX 1070, GeForce GTX 1060, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, GeForce GTX 1050, GeForce GT 1030

The update - is only for
    will be available only on Kepler, Maxwell, Pascal, Volta and Turing series GPUs

and unless I have the wrong card
    https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1060-GAMING-X-3G
    Your card is a Pascal processing unit

IF I have the wrong card send me please the MSI link to the correct card

12. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

Maybe I had done something wrong, but after I downloaded it and the installation box came up, it said that the driver update was incompatible with my version of windows.

13. Macboatmaster

Well it is no use leaving it like it is now then
    You definitely are on Windows 10 I presume
    I take it is there no chance that you have used a recovery and gone back to whatever the OS was

14. KachowMan

KachowMan Thread Starter

I have not used a recovery, but the PC has always been on windows 10

15. Macboatmaster

Well it is a puzzle to me why there should be a message that the update was incompatible with your version of windows
    As I asked
    The cause is either windows is not activated OR you have 32 bit windows - which is most unusual on a 64 bit system
    OR your windows 10 is out of date
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...not-compatible-with-this-version-of-windows-/

I presume you did a custom install as recommended and deleted all existing drivers for the card

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice