Games crash when exiting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shinobikaba

Asus A8n SLi deluxe
AMD Athlon 3800+
Nvidia 7800GTX
2gb ram
Creative X-Fi Platinum
Direct X 9.0c
Windows XP SP2

These are my specs. I've been having troubles with the games that I play.

For whatever reason, when I exit out of any game, it freezes my computer, to the point where I can move my mouse, but everythings locked up, and I have to reboot. This has been the case for months now. I originally thought it was my display drivers. I have the latest, and I tried the previous driver versions, but its not taking care of the problem, and I don't want to have to rollback my graphic card drivers even further, this just shouldnt be happening in the first place. Can I possibly get some help on what this could be?

shinobikaba said:
For whatever reason, when I exit out of any game, it freezes my computer, to the point where I can move my mouse, but everythings locked up, and I have to reboot. This has been the case for months now. I originally thought it was my display drivers. I have the latest, and I tried the previous driver versions, but its not taking care of the problem, and I don't want to have to rollback my graphic card drivers even further, this just shouldnt be happening in the first place. Can I possibly get some help on what this could be?
Ok, when you exit a game, is it just a black screen with the mouse pointer you can move, or do you get back to the desktop? By reboot do you mean a Windows shutdown/restart or holding in your power button on your case?

Have any games worked correctly ever? Do other apps (browser, etc) work correctly? Let's start with these.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online