1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

games crashing to desktop

Discussion in 'Games' started by gawds1, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gawds1

gawds1 Thread Starter

I have upgraded to AMD Athlon processor MMX 3DNow 916mhz 256mb ram directx 8.I have inno3D TNT2 model 64 Pro
    Creative sound card and all the latest drivers have been installed.
    All my kids games and mine are crashing to the desktop eg the sims half-life, harry potter etc etc.
    These games all worked previously
    I hve recieved the following error message
    An exception oe has occurred at 0028:C1888050 in VXD DSound(03)+00008E10. This was called from 0028:C161BFF7 in VXD DSound(01)+00000697.
    I also went into system info and the following files said driver not installed
    nvcpl.hlp, nvagp.inf, idvkd.sys
    please help

2. brianF

brianF

Are you running norton antivirus with auto protect enabled. If so turn off auto protect

3. gawds1

gawds1 Thread Starter

I have nothing like this on my computer but am running windows 98 and the guy who upgraded for me reinstalled windows twice and has made sure the cooling fans are up to date.
    Still very puzzled.

any help would be much appreciated

4. brianF

brianF

Try reinstalling directx, that file in the error message is a directx sound file. can't hurt to reinstall and see if it helps the problem.

5. gawds1

gawds1 Thread Starter

no joy with your suggestion. Also ran dxdiag and everything appears fine. Everything is also fine in device manager. Getting more confused. Any more ideas. thanks

6. gawds1

gawds1 Thread Starter

back again
    I forgot to say that I was looking at windows toubleshooter for sound. When I searched for chimes.wav, it played fine but when I tried to find *.mid there was no item to show. I hope this info helps as I don't know a lot about computers.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice