1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games for Dell Inspiron e1505

Discussion in 'Games' started by mangatrekkie, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mangatrekkie

mangatrekkie Thread Starter

Hey Everyone. I have a Dell Inspiron e1505. It can't run many games on it, but I have a few that work, like Rome Total War, Civilization III, Trackmania, Medieval Total War, and Jedi Outcast 2. I have like 8 MB of graphics memory, with two GB of RAM, a core duo processor with 1.66 GHz, and plenty of HD space. Any suggestions? Yes, I do have steam.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    8MB of Video RAM on a laptop... not much out there. You will be stuck with the golden oldies. In fact I am surprised those games work

Can you confirm the video memory by going to DXDIAG and then display tab

3. mangatrekkie

The test results came back saying I have 224?? I can't play games that require a ton, games such as LOTR: Return of the King and Civilization IV. How is it I can play Rome: Total War?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Your video card is using your physical RAM to run, which is not ideal. Rome TW is about 4 years old I think and maybe able to run, but LOTR needs a lot of memory and power.

Is there any type of games you are looking for?

5. tom6049

tom6049

It's a six year old laptop with integrated Intel graphics, so you're pretty much limited to older games, but that's not a terrible thing.
    You should be able to find plenty of inexpensive games on Steam that should run fine on your laptop. Just make sure that you read
    the game requirements and/or check out "CanYouRunIt" before you buy the game(s). If the game requirements mention
    "shaders", avoid it, as it wll not likely start up.

6. mangatrekkie

What about like the starter edition of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty? or AOE III? And if I use a T&L simulator will that allow me to play games requiring T&L?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1045975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice