1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games Freezing Computer

Discussion in 'Games' started by DoctorLove, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DoctorLove

DoctorLove Thread Starter

Hi, I just started having problems where when I play a video game it freezes on me, and won't let me do anything forcing me to manual shutdown through the tower button. I looked up reasons on why this may happen, I see overheating sometimes is a problem, and it doesn't seem to be overheating, sometimes it continues to play but just freezes again. I also read somewhere sometimes it's something to do with the sound or something being off? I'm not sure what it is, and what it's doing. I'd just like some feedback on what to check and do to try and solve this problem.

2. schang626

schang626

it sounds like a garphics card problem.

what's your cpu/gpu temperature?

3. miminom

miminom

I have had the same problem ... It was all due to lack of a memory ... and of course, too low power processor.

4. DoctorLove

Eh I'm kind of a noob, how do I check those temperatures exactly?

5. schang626

schang626

go here www.gtopala.com and download System Information for Windows

run the application -> under harware -> sensors -> find the temperature of your cpu and video card

6. DoctorLove

The GPU core temp is 82 C
    This is while running no game program, so it sounds very hot already.​

7. schang626

schang626

werd

check the fan on ur graphics card... blow out dust... and check the temperature again

8. DoctorLove

Yeah I dusted it before, took a hose and placed it over with low suction and got it decently clean. Didn't really check the fan, but pretty sure now it's a G-card problem, thanks a lot.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/941530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice