1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games freezing on a fresh install, please help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by williamc, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamc

williamc Thread Starter

I have the following:
    ASUS A7V266
    768MB RAM
    AMD 2400
    GEForce 5600
    XP Pro Sp1
    DirectX 9.0b
    Nvidia 61.77 drivers

I installed Doom3 Tron 2.0, and Colin McRae Rally 4 on a fresh hard drive (WD 120GB 8mb cache) and defragged. When I try to play Colin McRae, the game will freeze at startup when loading the level. I have to reset the machine to get out! Doom3 will play (which is more processor intensive than Colin Mcrae) but will have significant frame rate drops intermittantly. Tron 2.0 will freeze, and then resume on the intro cut scenes with spots and blocks all over the video. I dont even get to the game, as it will then freeze at load.

I have two case fans, one in front blowing in, and one on the side blowing in. No dust either. I even "safely" overclocked the GPU using optimal settings and still have the problems. I'm at a complete loss as to the cause of these problems. These are the only three games i have installed, and none of them work! Any ideas?

William

2. ohheck

ohheck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice