Games freezing on a fresh install, please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

williamc

I have the following:
ASUS A7V266
768MB RAM
AMD 2400
GEForce 5600
XP Pro Sp1
DirectX 9.0b
Nvidia 61.77 drivers

I installed Doom3 Tron 2.0, and Colin McRae Rally 4 on a fresh hard drive (WD 120GB 8mb cache) and defragged. When I try to play Colin McRae, the game will freeze at startup when loading the level. I have to reset the machine to get out! Doom3 will play (which is more processor intensive than Colin Mcrae) but will have significant frame rate drops intermittantly. Tron 2.0 will freeze, and then resume on the intro cut scenes with spots and blocks all over the video. I dont even get to the game, as it will then freeze at load.

I have two case fans, one in front blowing in, and one on the side blowing in. No dust either. I even "safely" overclocked the GPU using optimal settings and still have the problems. I'm at a complete loss as to the cause of these problems. These are the only three games i have installed, and none of them work! Any ideas?

William

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online