1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games Freezing

Discussion in 'Games' started by ducks123, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ducks123

ducks123 Thread Starter

I recently reinstalled winxp pro and have been experiencing several problems. Every game that I have on my system will freeze up after a few minutes of playing. After a moment or two it will revert back to normal play, but this process will continue. I have updated all my drivers including the video drivers, mobo, sound card, and windows. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers as well as older ones and the problem persists. Could it be my card is running hot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Socket 939 (SanDiego)
    DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra-D NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard
    eVGA GeForce 7800 GT CO / 256MB GDDR3 / PCI Express
    OCZ EL Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Platinum Memory

2. blaine2521

blaine2521

List the games your playing....Do you play these games online or just single player? When it freezes does it ever result in you having to restart your PC?

3. ducks123

ducks123 Thread Starter

Well right now just Counter Strike: Source and FarCry. I noticed it started on CS:S so I installed FarCry to see if it might just be the steam engine but it wasn't. Both games experience the same freezing. It doesn't however result in me having to restart my entire system. The games return to normal play after probably 20 to 20 seconds of a frozen screen and repeating sounds.

4. blaine2521

blaine2521

Try uninstalling the games and reinstalling. Something else you can try to see if it helps is turning down your hardware acceleration on your sound card. That seems to work ok with 64 bit systems and older games..But you can d/l a program called speedfan. It will show your temps on your hardware..

http://www.majorgeeks.com/SpeedFan_d337.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/572483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice