1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games Jumpy Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by staticbyte, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staticbyte

staticbyte Thread Starter

Ok i recently posted on the hardware forum about how my computer wouldnt boot if my 7900gt was plugged into the psu. I bought a brand new triple 12v rail 550watt thermaltake purepower psu to try combat the problem. Its made a slight difference, quake 4 runs awsome on high detail with x2 AA and all the bells and whistles turned on.

My spec is.

Intel C2Duo E6320 w/ stock fan
    2gb Kingston and Corsair 533mhz DDR2
    X-FI ExtremeMusic S/card
    XFX 7900GT 256mb
    Thermaltake PurePower 550w 3x12v Rail
    Asus P5VD2-Mx SE

BF2 runs fantasticly fps wise with everything turned up, but theres an intermitant freeze for a couple of seconds regularily. Same with FEAR, and even sometimes in warcraft.

Also sometimes when my computer boots, i hear the windows start theme, then the mouse freezes and the theme skips and repeats for 10 seconds then suddely everything starts agen. Leaving games sometimes there is a short lock up.

Really annoying me now, im not getting any artifacts or overheating. CPU temp is just over fourty on load 35 when idle. This is also a fresh install of windows, no background processes are eating my memory either.

Thanks In Advance!:rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590858

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice