1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games keep freezing!

Discussion in 'Games' started by mole4637, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mole4637

mole4637 Thread Starter

I am having issues with my computer and freezing during games. I have been playing some pretty intense graphical games for a computer including Warcraft3, Battlefield 1942, and Civilization 3. I have been having problems with my computer freezing at random intervals during these games for a couple months now. I updated my video card drivers and it seems a little better but still happens way too often. It seems to freeze oddly however, sometimes it freezes completely while other times it will slowly freeze like bag lag... both require restarting the computer. My friends say that it probably has to do with my video card or Windows XP Pro Edition but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help.

Processor: AMD Athlon 2000+ (1.67 Ghz)
    Ram: 512 DDR Kingston
    Video Card: GeForce4 Ti4200

2. ***ROPAK***

***ROPAK***

Hows your cooling? When it freezes, shut down, ground your self and feel around. Hard drives, cpu vid, ram.

3. mole4637

mole4637 Thread Starter

Thanks Ropak, that did the trick. I shut down the computer after it froze and the video card's heatsink burned my hands and smelled like burning material. I moved the network card further down so that it could get more circulation and works like a charm now. I'm planning to get another fan to make sure the circulation is working ok and to stop it from happening again. Thanks.

4. ***ROPAK***

***ROPAK***

Great! Try getting a PCI slot fan. I always overlooked them and they pump out lots of air. You can mount it right under the Vid card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice