1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games Keep Freezing!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by RedFOX217, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedFOX217

RedFOX217 Thread Starter

Hi There,

I have this really annoying problem that while playing a game (COD4 for example) I get 5-15 mins into it and it just freezes. Really fast sound looping starts and I can't CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it. My only solution is to do a hard restart and let it boot up again.

I had this problem earlier in the year after I got a new video card and I thought I had fixed it. But a few months ago I did a clean install and this probably deleted the settings that fixed it.

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    RedFOX217

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    One of the first (and probably the easiest and cheapest (i.e. free) things to check) is your temperatures.

Download and install HWMonitor then run the program. Leave it running in the background and play a game for 5 - 10 mins and exit (before it crashes the machine).

Post either post a screenshot of the temperatures (minimum and maximum) or type them out in a new reply.

Also, can you provide more information about your system, I can see what you have in your profile but could do with more. If it is a 'big brand' name like HP, Dell etc. then what is the exact make and model. If it's a self or custom build, what is the make and model of Motherboard, CPU, RAM (including amount), Graphics Card, Power Supply (including wattage), number of hard drives and/or optical drives (CD/DVD) etc. the more info you provide the better answers you will get.

What operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit, are all your drivers fully up to date?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice