1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games keep minimizing

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chaplin, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaplin

Chaplin Thread Starter

My specs: [Updated]
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8155 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, -1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 275210 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., H61MA-D2V
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

Backstory

Last night I found my Halo 2 Vista(I have a controller adapter). It worked wonderfully! I played from 1am to 4am, -then went to sleep-

I woke up at 1pm and went onto my computer, onto Halo 2 Vista, first 10 or so minutes went great, then the game just randomly minimized; I went back onto it

After around 4 minimizes in 2 games (20 minutes) I went off multiplayer, and tried a campaign mission, I spent around 10 minutes and after the 2nd minimization I had, I exited the game.

I then went onto Google and looked for a solution, though people had this for other games, and not just for one game. After I saw it might not just be for 1 particular game. I closed everything that wasen't system, and went onto League of Legends

Half way through my game, after around 3 minimization, I changed my resolution( because I forgot to) to 1920 x 1200, my screen. But no difference, like, another 3 or 4 minimization, and then the game is over.

Now

I've talked to my two friends who are quite smart, one said it could be skype, but for both times me playing the game, skype wasn't open. I talked to my other friend and he asked was I running any bad processors? We both checked all of mine and they're all good.

Not Skype
    Not my processors
    Not other programs running

I also checked to see if it wasn't just my keyboard. I went onto Halo 2 Vista and disconnected my keyboard (I play with Xbox controller) but after 10 minutes, it minimized; I exited.

Not my keyboard

I've also tried Minecraft, in full screen. I went around 8-10 minutes before a flicker went, but it stayed in full screen. So this could mean it's now in all games.

Guys and girls. I don't know what to do here. Nothing has been added to my computer from last night at 1am, to now, other than Halo 2 Vista and Games for Windows marketplace, and possibly a windows update But I don't see how this is affecting everything?

I've done scans with Norton 360, Malware Btyes, found nothing. Does anyone know the fix?

I'll supply with more required info if needed. Thank you.

[UPDATES] Any updates I will post below. I will also update this area when the problem is solved c:

-Screen saver has, and was before, set to none

2. Chaplin

Chaplin Thread Starter

Patience is thin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice