1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Games lag on laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by royyyy, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. royyyy

royyyy Thread Starter

Hello i'm new here

I have troubles with my Acer Aspire 5553G laptop.

When i try to play games like runescape and darkeden i get ALOT of lag but when i first bought this laptop it ran all fine.
    Surprisingly i don't lag alot when playing Counterstrike-Source.
    I recently cleaned up the inside of my laptop with compressed air and then tried the games again but they still lag alot! I even resetted system to factory settings, but no luck.

Please help me!!

EDIT: specifications--

processor:
    AMD Phenom II N930
    Caspian 45nm Technology

ram:
    4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)

graphics card:
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])

hdd:
    625GB TOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK6465GSX ATA Device (SATA)

2. royyyy

royyyy Thread Starter

bump, anybody please help?

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Why do you have two graphics cards listed? I have done a bit of a search and as far as I can tell the 5553G came with either a HD5650 or an HD5470, from that I would assume yours is the 5650 flavour?

Source: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/2010/Acer/Aspire/Aspire5553G/Aspire5553Gsp2.shtml

When you reinstalled, did you do a total reformat and did you update all your software and drivers afterwards? If yes, did you get the drivers from the Acer website or from somewhere else?

4. royyyy

royyyy Thread Starter

The reset only reinstalled windows 7 back on C drive. I haven't updated drivers yet.

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    If you haven't got all the drivers and sofware updated yet then I would start there, as that could be at least part of the lag problem. It is always good practice to start diagnosing a problem when all software etc. is all up to date and patched :)

6. royyyy

royyyy Thread Starter

Hello

I have installed the graphics drivers for my laptop and the speed increased a little bit but it still lags on runescape highest graphics mode while it shouldn't.

What would i have to do next?

7. royyyy

royyyy Thread Starter

bump...

please somebody help me.

8. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

RS gamers seem to make a habit of blaming their system in the belief that Runescape works flawlessly all the time. The latest update ("Nuke Bot") has apparently caused a myriad of problems for Runescape players, including lag, extremely low FPS.

Check the official forums: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?25,26,423,63319466

If these problems persist on *other* games, then by all means drop another post in.

Keep up to date with patch notes/issues ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice